Many of the families that are part of the Beyond Healthcare community participate in our day treatment programs. These group therapy programs take place after school or during the day on school breaks and are part of our holistic approach to mental health.
Adolescents and teens who are struggling with their mental health or behavioral issues can benefit from the structured, therapeutic environment of our day treatment program. In this program, adolescents can learn how to interact with others, receive feedback, and find new ways to manage their emotions and behaviors.
This outpatient program offers convenience to parents and structured support to adolescents and teens. At Beyond Healthcare, we support your whole family on the path to wellness. Learn more by contacting us today at 833.698.0453.
What Is Day Treatment?
Our day treatment program uses group therapy to help adolescents and teens manage mental health issues and develop new social skills. Your adolescent will be placed in a group that matches their age and life situation. These groups are uniquely designed to help reduce symptoms associated with a mental health concern.
In the program, adolescents and teens might participate in any of all of the following:
- Art, music, games, and movement therapy
- Structured group therapy sessions
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Motivational enhancement therapy
- Strengths-based approaches
- Behavior modification
As a result of our day treatment program, adolescents and teens learn to:
- Better manage emotions and behaviors
- Practice daily living skills
- Build stronger relationships by practicing skills with peers
- Connect the mind, body, and spirit through interactive fun activities
Our after-school program takes place from 4 pm to 7 pm during the school year. The program is available Monday-Friday and participants are encouraged to attend 3-5 times per week.
Is Your Adolescent a Candidate for Day Treatment?
If you’re not sure whether your adolescent would benefit from day treatment and after school programs, ask yourself the following:
- Has your adolescent received a mental health diagnosis?
- Are they struggling with daily living activities?
- Have less intensive outpatient services, such as weekly therapy, been unsuccessful?
- Can your adolescent tolerate a group therapy setting?
- Does your adolescent have the potential to improve their level of function through behavioral, supportive, and therapeutic interventions?
If you can answer “yes” to some or all of the above, our day treatment program might be right for your adolescent. In addition, we require that the adolescents in our program are not an imminent danger to themselves or to others and that they do not require 24-hour supervision.
For adolescents who have not received a mental health diagnosis, we offer assessment and diagnosis services. We’ll work to understand their unique needs and can recommend a personalized treatment program to support your whole family.
What Is Partial Hospitalization?
Our partial hospitalization program runs five days per week from 9 am-3:30 pm. Teens aged 11 to 17 can benefit from assessment and diagnosis, individual therapy, group therapy, medication assistance, and care coordination. Having a complex mental health concern becomes more manageable in the right community.
The Benefits of Day Treatment and After School Programs
Our day treatment program offers a number of unique benefits.
Group therapy and structured support can help adolescents and adults function more effectively within their family, at school, and in everyday life. Additionally, your adolescent will learn valuable skills in our day treatment program. They’ll discover how to manage symptoms of mental health issues like depression, anxiety, or ADHD. As a parent, you’ll find a network of support from our vibrant community. We offer family therapy and education as well to help you best support your adolescent on their journey to recovery.
Contact Beyond Healthcare to Learn More
Reach out to us today to learn more about our day treatment and after school programs. In addition to these outpatient programs, we offer:
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Group and individual services
- Day treatment and after-school programs
- Family involvement, education, and treatment
- Medication management
- Care coordination and case management
We’re committed to meeting families where they are. We offer services for individual therapy, family involvement, medication management and care coordination.