Of the millions of Americans who struggle with mental health issues, more than half do not receive the treatment they need. Nearly 10% of youth aged 12–18 cope with severe major depression. However, almost 60%, or two out of three, receive no treatment. Limited accessibility, affordability, and social stigma are significant barriers to mental health treatment. At Beyond Healthcare, we believe that everyone deserves easy access to exceptional care. Through our telehealth services, we help break barriers to treatment for adolescents, teens, and families in Toledo, Ohio.
When an adolescent or teen struggles with mental health or behavioral issues, the impacts are far-reaching. Ensuring access to mental healthcare improves their lives, the lives of family members, and the community as a whole. At Beyond Healthcare, we strive to provide holistic mental health care designed to be convenient and easily accessible. Telehealth services are one way we do so. Learn more by calling 833.698.0453.
What Is Virtual Mental Health Treatment?
In the past, people seeking mental health treatment had to meet with a therapist in person, but the internet has changed that. Now, people rely on computers and the internet for everything from education to grocery shopping to buying a car. Nearly everything can be found online, including mental healthcare.
Virtual mental health treatment, also called online therapy and telehealth, existed for a while but took hold during the COVID-19 pandemic. With most people stuck at home for an extended period and rates of stress, anxiety, depression, and substance abuse on the rise, this approach to therapy became necessary.
Virtual mental health treatment works the same as traditional face-to-face therapy and provides added benefits for many.
The Benefits of Telehealth Treatment
At Beyond Healthcare, we strive to break the barriers that prevent adolescents, teens, and families from receiving the mental healthcare and support they need and deserve. We improve access to care by offering services in our center, community, homes, or virtually. We understand that families have full, busy schedules, so we offer our services outside of regular business hours.
Along with providing increased access to care, the benefits of telehealth treatment include:
- Removing transportation or travel restrictions – There are numerous reasons that you or your adolescent might not be able to make it to our treatment center. Whether it be a scheduling conflict, bad weather, lack of transportation, or being on vacation, in-person appointments are sometimes not convenient.
- Comfort – For therapy to work effectively, patients need to feel at ease in the environment. For many, that means staying at home.
- Confidentiality – Telehealth services remove the stigma associated with mental health treatment because you do not have to go to a treatment center. Telehealth treatment adheres to the same confidentiality rules as traditional therapy.
- Safety – From mobility issues to health concerns, there are numerous reasons it can be safer to access mental health treatment virtually.
- Approachability – Many people are more comfortable talking over the computer or phone. They may be more likely to open up about things they would not feel comfortable talking about otherwise.
Regardless of why you choose telehealth treatment, the Beyond Healthcare team will ensure that your adolescent and family receive exceptional care catered to your unique needs and circumstances.
Discover Telehealth Treatment at Beyond Healthcare
At Beyond Healthcare, our holistic approach to mental health treatment ensures that your adolescent and family can heal mentally, physically, and spiritually. We provide a variety of services through telehealth treatment, including:
- Virtual assessment and diagnosis
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Family counseling
- Medication management
- Community connections
- Family education and parenting support
Virtual mental health services are convenient for adolescents and teens who need to stay home during mental health treatment. Telehealth treatment can also supplement in-person therapy.
Reach Out to Beyond Healthcare Today
If your adolescent or teen needs treatment and support for mental health or behavioral issues, reach out to Beyond Healthcare today. When your adolescent is in one of our programs, we provide support for your whole family. We are expertly skilled at treating a range of conditions, including:
- Self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Mood disorders
- Physical, sexual, and emotional trauma
- Addiction and co-occurring disorders
Call 833.698.0453 to learn more about our programs and services, including telehealth and virtual counseling.