People are growing more familiar with receiving physical health services through telehealth services. But did you know that there are also many mental health professionals who provide care virtually? Psychologists, psychiatrists, and therapists are all beginning to adapt to remote care models in order to provide their patients with the best possible care.
At Beyond Healthcare, we are committed to helping teens and adolescents between 11-17 overcome their mental health challenges. With intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization, and telehealth services, you can find help for your teen no matter how much support they need. Find out more about services in our centers, our Ohio communities, and our virtual spaces by contacting us online or calling 833.698.0453 today.
What Are Telehealth Services?
Telehealth services use technology to provide care at a distance. This could include video conferencing, phone calls, text messaging, or even email. Some providers may also use wearable devices to track progress remotely. Telehealth services can be used for a variety of mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and more.
The Benefits of Telehealth Services for Mental Health
There are many reasons why telehealth services can be beneficial for mental health, especially for teens. First and foremost, virtual care can make it easier to access mental health services. For example, if your teen is struggling with anxiety but feels too shy or nervous to see a therapist in person, they may be more likely to seek help virtually. Additionally, seeing a provider virtually can make it easier to find someone who specializes in treating the specific condition your teen is struggling with.
Other benefits of telehealth services for mental health include:
- Increased convenience and flexibility
- More affordable than in-person therapy
- Reduced stigma around seeking mental health treatment
- Increased sense of privacy and comfort
- It can be used in conjunction with other types of treatment, such as medication management
What to Look for in Telehealth Services for Mental Health
When you’re looking for virtual care providers for your teen, it’s important to consider both the treatment and the provider’s experience and qualifications. You’ll also want to ensure that the provider is licensed in your state and has malpractice insurance. Additionally, some things to keep in mind include:
- Do they have experience working with teens?
- What is their therapeutic approach?
- Do they specialize in treating any particular conditions?
- Do they use any additional modalities, such as medication management?
- What are their qualifications?
Choosing the right provider is an important part of successful treatment, so be sure to ask any questions you have and trust your instincts.
Find Help at Beyond Healthcare
Teens today face immense pressure, from schoolwork and standardized tests to social media and peer pressure. It’s no wonder that so many teens struggle with their mental health. Thankfully, there is help available—telehealth services provide an easy way for teens to access the mental healthcare they need from their homes. If you’re considering telehealth services for your teen’s mental health, Beyond Healthcare can help you get started.
Our virtual services include:
- Assessments – A comprehensive evaluation of your teen’s symptoms, mental health history, and any other relevant information to develop a personalized treatment plan
- Individual counseling – One-on-one sessions with a licensed therapist to help your teen learn healthy coping skills and develop positive thought patterns
- Group therapy – A supportive environment where your teen can share their experiences, learn from others, and gain valuable insights
Don’t wait to help your teen find the support they need to overcome their mental health challenges. Contact us online or call 833.698.0453 today to get started in a virtual program or in one of our Ohio treatment centers.