Partial hospitalization programs (PHP) are more intensive mental health programs designed to help adolescents & teens who:
- Are leaving an inpatient setting after a mental health crisis
- Recently visited an emergency room and need follow-up care, but don’t meet criteria for inpatient and/or want to stay at home for care versus admitting to a hospital
- May not be ready to return to school due to their mental health symptoms, but still need further intensive support
Partial Hospital Programs allow teens to maintain the balance of home life while still focusing on the importance of their mental health. This program at Beyond Healthcare Includes:
- Comprehensive mental health assessment
- Group treatment with peers who understand what you are going through
- Individual or family therapy to address individual needs
- Medication management services when desired
- Care Coordination to ensure all of your needs are met
If your adolescent is part of our partial hospitalization program (PHP), or Intensive Outpatient Program (PHP), they will experience participating in a group with same-age peers who understand the challenges that they face. During these intensive counseling sessions the following goals are accomplished:
- Making healthy social connections with peers
- Learning how to communicate effectively with others
- Thought and feeling identification through creative, interactive activities
- Symptom reduction in everyday life as a result of increased coping skills, emotional regulation, and relationship skills
- Understanding of their mental health condition is a way that leads to education, acceptance, and empowerment
Collaboration with Other Providers
When adolescents are referred to our group programs we maintain constant communication with our referral sources (with an appropriate release of information) so you are informed of all progress or challenges each step of the way. We want to collaborate with our community partners; knowing this will bring about the most success for our adolescents & families. Partial hospitalization programs (PHP) are excellent, evidence-based mental health programs that are designed to support adolescents and teens who fall into the gaps between intensive outpatient programs (IOP) and full inpatient hospitalization. They are more rigorous and comprehensive than regular IOPs, but they are still flexible enough to allow the young “learner” to maintain home life and dependable scheduling.
If your adolescent or teen needs more care and professional oversight than what they are receiving now, then a PHP at Beyond Healthcare is a strong option for better growth and success. You are right to do research and compare different treatment centers to find the right choice. After all, research indicates the most effective mental health treatment plans are those that take a holistic view of young learners in the program, their families, and strategies for how they will thrive in the wider community.
Inclusive and Non-Judgemental Mental Healthcare
Beyond Healthcare is focused on providing psychotherapy and psychiatric care for adolescents and teens aged 11 – 17, but we treat the whole family through group and individual adult therapy as well. We do not judge, and we include everyone. The caring and empathetic community we have created will give your adolescent or teen space and support to process new ways of thinking about daily life and a deeper appreciation for their own potential to thrive instead of struggling to get by.
How Do I Start?
Call us at 833.698.0453 today. Even if you aren’t sure what type of care your adolescent needs, we can assist you with a consultation or clinical assessment to determine the best route for your family at our Toledo mental health center. We know that anxiety, depression, and other mental health conditions are on the rise for our youth, and we are here to provide you the support and care that you need. We accept both Medicaid and private insurance and will work with you on a plan that is in the best interest of your child.