Accessing mental healthcare for some families can be difficult. With busy schedules, long commutes, and limited resources, getting teens to mental health therapy consistently can be challenging. Virtual therapy is a modern opportunity for teens and families to connect with mental health experts and begin improving their daily lives. The benefits of virtual therapy can be quickly experienced and may lead to better outcomes in the future.
Beyond Healthcare offers virtual therapy to adolescents and teens ages 11-17. We are dedicated to helping families rebuild their bonds through evidence-based mental health therapy plans. With multiple levels of care and medication management available, your teen can receive the support they need to better prepare them for the future. Learn more about classes at our Toledo, OH center and our virtual therapy services by calling 833.698.0453 today.
What Is Virtual Therapy?
Virtual therapy is an online mental health service that connects people with a licensed therapist in real time over the internet. It is often delivered through video conferencing, telephone calls, or even instant messaging and text messages. Virtual therapy is a convenient and cost-effective way for people to access mental health services from the comfort of their own homes.
Teens can especially benefit from virtual therapy because they are more inclined to use technology daily, which can remove some of the stigma of traditional therapy.
Virtual Therapy Benefits for Teens
There are several benefits of virtual therapy for teens engaging in it, including:
- Increased access – Teens can receive mental health services from their own homes, making it easier for them to attend sessions on the days that work best for them.
- Reduced stigma – Virtual therapy offers teens a more private and less intimidating setting than traditional therapy.
- Affordability – Many virtual therapy providers offer lower-cost options than traditional in-person therapy.
- Convenience – Teens can access virtual therapy from any device with an internet connection, making it easier for them to connect with their therapist without leaving home.
- Increased motivation – Virtual therapy gives teens more control over their sessions and allows them to be more involved in the process.
However, virtual therapy may not be a good option for everyone.
Disadvantages of Virtual Therapy for Teens
Some common disadvantages of virtual therapy for teens include:
- Technical challenges – Teens may experience technical difficulties with the video conferencing software or have difficulty understanding how to use it.
- A lack of physical connection – Virtual therapy can seem impersonal, and teens may not feel a strong connection with their therapist.
- Privacy concerns – Teens may worry that their conversations are being monitored or recorded.
- A lack of resources for severe mental health conditions – Virtual therapy may not be suitable for teens with severe mental health conditions, such as substance use disorder or schizophrenia.
Ultimately, virtual therapy can be an effective tool for helping teens manage their mental health issues and improve their overall well-being.
Which Teens Can Benefit from Virtual Therapy?
Virtual therapy can benefit a variety of teens, including those who have difficulty accessing traditional mental health services due to time constraints or distance. Teens with anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues could benefit from virtual therapy due to its convenience and accessibility.
Additionally, teens who are dealing with social isolation or struggling to cope with the pressures of daily life may find virtual therapy to be a helpful resource.
Virtual Therapy at Beyond Healthcare in Ohio
If you’re looking for virtual therapy services for your teen, contact Beyond Healthcare today. We offer comprehensive mental health programs and are dedicated to helping teens in the Toledo, OH area reach their full potential. Call us now at 833.698.0453 or complete our confidential online form to help your teen discover the benefits of virtual therapy.